April 17, 2009

Pedestrians beware of Bikers!


Is it absolutely necessary for students on bikes to peddle so fast on the sidewalk and scare walkers to death?! I swear I've noticed lately that bike riders around UL's campus are hitting speeds that are potentially lethal if they do fully hit a walker. Several times in my college experience have I been accidentally hit by a biker or slightly brushed. They scarce the crap out of me now! I hear behind the buzz of the wheels behind me growing closer and closer and my anxiety grows so high that I am going to be hit by some maniac on a bike that I am terrified to move left or right or even turn around to see what side of me that are coming up on so I figure that getting struck in that back is better than face-first! These bikers have got me absolutely terrified when I hear or see them coming...its ridiculous! Today, my boyfriend and I were walking back to my apartment together, not putting anyone in danger like some people, just peacefully making our way back. Two bikers passed up when I commented in show much they scared me by how fast they are peddling...my inspiration for this blog came when he intensely responded saying how he saw a guy in the quad get struck the other day and said that he noticed as well how ridicuously fast the bikers are going. Does UL need to put up biker speed zone where crowds of people are walking? Maybe. I figure that walking to class is usually a stress-free part of my day...not anymore! I am now trying to avoid areas where bikers are or am looking a head for them so I know where they are and get out of their way because they seem to like to go past people at high speeds! I sometimes feel like yelling at them telling them to slow down..but come on, what am I an old grandma already yelling at youngsters to slow down? Its time to graduate already.

No comments:

Post a Comment