April 9, 2009

Definitely had my share


My freshman year at UL I had a roommate that I had never met before. The first time I walked into my first apartment I was scared out of my mind to meet this new person. Her name was Katie. I met her while I was outside smoking a cigarette on our porch (I used to smoke). This meeting really helped our relationship in that we were both able to socialize with each other outside on the porch while we smoked each day. She was such a nice girl, but unfortunately, she was failing out of UL and going to a different school. She moved out and I got another random roommate. Angel and I did not have much in common. She spent alot of her time in her room (ususally with a boy) or studying on the couch, ignoring me. She was black I was white...there were plenty of differences. My stepdad Jeff thought it was hilarious that I ended up with a black roommate. Anyways, she ended up moving out and one of my best friend's Rebecca took her place. We had soo much fun together but at times we had some arguments. She was different from my previous two roommates...she was very outgoing, very loud, loved to talk, loved to always be around, and was a little messy. Eventually we both ended up moving out of that apartment complex because the prices rose severely and niether of us could afford the rent anymore. I then moved into a much larger apartment with two other roommates. Kylie and Kristina were quite a pair. At times I felt like their personal maid. They would literally leave old dishes and food in their room for so long that everything would begin to mold. You couldn't even walk into Kylie's room because there were piles and piles of clutter covering her floor...I didn't see carpet in her room for months at one point! Kristina was a terrible cook and never cleaned up her messes or her dishes...this went on for months and I could not take it anymore and began to argue with them over the mess. Kylie's family had to file for bankruptcy and she was eventually kicked out of the apartment for not paying rent. Kristina and I went on to live with each other for about 5 months until Rebecca moved in. So now it is the three of us and we all get along pretty good. Kristina and Rebecca have really improved and help clean up the apartment every once in a while. We are the best of the friends and I am now sad to moving home in May and to no longer have roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment